Keto Eggs Benedict
300 ml almond flour (cannot sub coconut flour)
2 egg whites
5 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients together. Pour the batter into a 20cm X 20cm tray and bake for a few minutes.
Use the left over egg yolks to make the Hollandaise sauce.
2 eggs yolks
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Dijon
A pinch Salt
A pinch Cayenne Pepper
100ml / 60g of Melted Butter
Mix all ingredients except the butter in a blender or with a stick blender. Keep blending and slowly add the melted butter. If you want the sauce to be a bit thicker, put the ingredients in a double boiler and on low heat, blend until the sauce has reached the thickness that you like.
Perfect Poached Egg
1. Boil water in a large pot.
2. Add salt and vinegar (or white wine).
3. Crack the egg into a small siv and strain out the water content in the egg.
4. Pour the egg into the pot and cook for a few minutes.
5. There’s no need to stir the water. Pick up the egg with the same siv to drain away the water. If needed, put the cooked egg on a piece of kitchen paper to remove and water left on the egg.
Serve on keto bread fried in olive oil and add smoked salmon, avocado, poached egg and Hollondaise sauce. Alternatively serve with fried bacon, green asparagus or any other protein or veg that you like.